Franchising transport networks represents an opportunity for Australian governments to drive customer service improvements, and generate savings for taxpayers; savings that can be redirected to fund new transport projects and other vital infrastructure our growing communities need.
Having operated and maintained franchised public transport services across Australia for the past twenty years, we know that the model works and that it drives the best outcomes for both governments and commuters alike
“Infrastructure Australia’s report highlights the benefit that experienced public transport operators like Transdev offer the community, for example when we started operating bus services in Sydney in 2012, customer satisfaction was in the 70s and 80s and today it’s consistently above 90 per cent,” Rene said.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.