We firmly believe that our current generation of students and early careers talent will play a key role in impacting how our cities grow and develop in the future. That’s why we’ve introduced a range of emerging talent programs, including our internship, graduate and apprenticeship opportunities.
Our two-year program offers graduates from a range of study backgrounds the opportunity to blend on-the-job learning with mentoring and leadership development training that will help you forge your career in one of the world’s largest private operators of public transport.
The graduate program commences in February each year, and over the two years you will get the chance to understand the Transdev business and work on real projects that impact the way cities live, work and travel.
We offer a range of work streams to our graduates:
- Network Planning
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Human Resources Management (People & Culture)
- Finance Business Analyst
- IT & Data Insights
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Graduate
- Project Management
Our internship program offers students from partner universities the opportunity to develop their skills before graduating. The placement usually covers 2-3 days of employment per week for a period lasting 8-10 weeks, usually in Semester 1 (March-June) or Semester 2 (August-October).
We offer internships in a range of different fields including transport planning, IT support, Human Resource Management, Communications, and Engineering.
Apprenticeships with Transdev
We offer talented and driven individuals the opportunity to kick off long and rewarding careers in public transport through our apprenticeship and traineeship programs.
Normally lasting 1-4 years, the programs give employees the chance to learn and master a new trade in a supportive environment, all whilst earning an income.
Most frequently we offer opportunities across our maritime and engineering maintenance businesses, meaning you could be in the workshop ensuring our bus fleets are fit for purpose, or making our vessels on the Brisbane River safe for customer journeys.
Graduate and interns can find themselves working in any of our Australian or New Zealand operations.
Types of candidates
We are looking for graduates and students from a range of disciplines including but not limited to Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Law, Commerce, Engineering, Science (Health & Safety) and Business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High achievers regardless of the arena – community, sport, work or study
- Completing (or studying) a minimum three-year university degree
- Work with a world-leader in the operation of passenger transport services
- Gain technical and leadership skills
- Exposure to real work that has a commercial impact on our business
- Mentoring from senior leaders and subject matter experts
- A wide variety of career development opportunities and pathways
in the operation of passenger transport services