Sydney Light Rail is accessible for all customers
All stops have network maps and electronic information displays indicating when the next service is due. All light rail vehicles have audible next stop announcements and destination displays on board. Service information is also available via trip planner or by phoning 131 500.
Travel for the vision impaired
Vision impaired customers who carry a CityRail Vision Impaired Person Travel Pass are permitted free travel on Sydney Light Rail. All light rail vehicles have audible next stop announcements
Travel with wheelchairs and scooters
Portable boarding ramps: Available on all light rail vehicles to assist you to safely enter and exit our vehicles onto the stop platform.
- Check for the wheelchair icon in the tiles on the platform. By placing yourself at the wheelchair icon you are indicating to the driver of the vehicle that you require assistance to board and the driver will deploy the boarding ramp to assist you.
- Once on-board, if you require assistance to exit the vehicle, please inform the light rail Driver by confirming the stop you wish to alight, via an Help Point located in each priority seating area.
Travel with assistance animals
Transdev Sydney allows customers to board with an assistance animal or an authorised disabled person’s companion animal at all times. Customers with companion animals are asked to be considerate of staff concerns and to respect the rights of other passengers.
- Dedicated wheelchair space in each light rail vehicle
- Priority seating for elderly and less mobile customers
- Accessible Emergency Help Points
- Audio next stop announcements
- On board visual destination information
- Colour-contrasted doors and handrails
- Hearing loops.
Travel Safe with Transdev’s Mobility card
The Transdev Mobility card enables customers from all walks of life to independently travel on our services. The cards include a range of options that the customer can easily fill in information about themselves that they can then share with our staff or other passengers on board in case they need a little extra help with their journey.
The cards are available in a perforated booklet version and also as a downloadable print-at-home version which you can download here.
At Transdev, we pride ourselves on making sure our customers have a safe, reliable and comfortable journey, but we are also aware that some customers are unable to communicate their needs easily due to disability, age or even language barriers
For more information,
or if you are not able to print the cards, we will be more than happy to assist you.
Simply let us know how many copies you request as well as your postal address via our on-line contact form or via our other channels.