Transdev’s General Manager On Demand Transport Yvette Mihelic said: “Ride Plus is a fast, easy and direct way to simplify your commute, be it to the F1 Manly Ferry wharf or nearby Balgowlah, Manly Vale or Brookvale bus interchanges or in the city’s east to F7 Rose Bay Ferry wharf, Bondi Junction and Edgecliff bus and train interchanges. This is future of public transport here and now in Sydney’s Manly and Eastern Suburbs.”
“Ride Plus is a ‘point-to-hub On Demand Transport ride-share service – that means our six Mercedes Sprinter shuttles can pick you up direct from your door and drop you at your nearest public transport hub within the Manly and Eastern Suburbs On Demand zones.”
“Our vehicles have been customised to provide a premium service and superior customer experience. They carry up to a maximum of 11 customers at any one time and feature free WiFI and USB points.”
“There’s also no timetable – this is transport when you want it, at a time convenient to you. You can book a trip, from one month to one hour ahead of when you need it, via the Ride Plus app or website www.ride-plus.com.au.”
“Once your booking is confirmed, we’ll then provide you with a 10 minute pick up time slot and a maximum 15 minute journey time guarantee. This is all part of the service in providing you with an On Demand Transport service that you can depend on to get you where you want to go.”
- Ride Plus services will operate Monday to Friday between 6am and 10pm, except public holidays.
- Fares will cost a flat fee of $3.10, payable in advance by credit card online.
- Detailed map of the Eastern Suburbs On Demand zones are now available online at www.ride-plus.com.au
- Ride Plus is an On Demand Transport trial part of the NSW Government’s Future Transport program.
About Transdev in Sydney
- Transdev employs around 5,800 people across Australia and New Zealand, delivering 150 million customer journeys every year
- In Sydney, Transdev successfully operates three bus contracts in the upper north shore, south and south western Sydney suburbs; the iconic Sydney Ferries and; and the current Inner West Light Rail network.
- Internationally, Transdev operates On Demand Transport services in France, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal
- Locally, Transdev also operates On Demand Transport service Transdev Link in the Sutherland Shire.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.