Transdev Australasia CEO René Lalande said: “We are grateful for the opportunity to extend our partnership with TransLink, having worked successfully together for over 14 years.”
Transdev is passionate about delivering safe, reliable and comfortable public transport journeys, and we will continue to provide the best possible experience for our customers in Brisbane in the years ahead
Transdev has operated bus services on behalf of TransLink in Brisbane since 2004; it also operates the iconic City Cat, City Ferry and City Hopper ferry services on behalf of Brisbane Council.
Transdev employs 439 people locally: 191 people in its bus operation, and a further 248 people in its ferry operation.
“We are people serving people, and our mix of local know-how and global expertise has been a major part of our sustained success in Queensland,” Mr Lalande said.
Across Australia and New Zealand Transdev employs more than 5,800 people, who are part of a global network of 82,000 people working across 20 countries.
About Transdev in Brisbane
Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transport in Australasia, including bus, train, light rail, ferry and on-demand shuttles. Globally, Transdev operates public transport in 20 countries. In Brisbane, Transdev operates bus services on behalf of Translink, and the iconic City Cat, City Ferry and City Hopper ferry services on behalf of Brisbane Council, enabling around 8 million customer journeys every year.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.