A major infrastructure project for the NSW Government, Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a two way track spanning 12 kilometres. Stage 1 include 16 highly accessible stops, high frequency “turn up and go” services seven days a week, driver-operated, integrated Opal ticketing, and modern and comfortable air-conditioned vehicles with a capacity of up to 300 customers in each vehicle.
Transdev is a proven leader in light rail solutions around the world, operating 23 systems in eight countries. Locally, Transdev has been a trusted partner of the NSW Government and the people of Parramatta for almost 20 years, delivering bus and ferry operations in the Parramatta region since 1999 and 2012 respectively and have operated the Inner West Light Rail since 1998.
Transdev is honoured to have been chosen to supply, operate and maintain Parramatta Light Rail as part of the Great River City Light Rail consortium. The demonstrated experience and hard work of our Transdev Sydney Light Rail team has consistently delivered safe, reliable and customer focused services for 9.8 million customers on Sydney’s Inner West Light Rail network
The Supply, Operate and Maintain contract includes supplying all elements to achieve delivery readiness such as manufacturing and supplying thirteen 7-module URBOS 100 light rail vehicles as well as their subsystems and integration including their traction system, substations, signalling system, communications and control centre for the line.
CAF’s scope also includes the design and manufacturing of the Stabling and Maintenance facility and the above ground fit out of 16 light rail stops. This work will be subcontracted to the global engineering company Laing O’Rourke. Transdev Australasia will be responsible for the testing, commissioning and ongoing operation and maintenance of safe and reliable services, assets and infrastructure. The contract for operations and maintenance runs for a term of eight years from construction completion, with the possibility of an extension for up to further 10 years.
“Both Transdev and CAF are proven partners in successful light rail project delivery and offer an excellent level of return on experience to ensure practical project plans meet all requirements and drive greater benefits for the NSW Government and Greater Parramatta,” said Mr Brennan.
“Transdev, as part of the Great River City Light Rail consortium, looks forward to creating a world-class light rail network that will truly transform Parramatta into Australia’s next great city. In doing so, we will provide a new public transport option for commuters travelling around Greater Parramatta and create a life more liveable for the people of Parramatta when services commence in 2023”.
For more information on the Parramatta Light Rail project, visit www.parramattalightrail.nsw.gov.au
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.