Mr Agati has over 30 years’ commercial experience in CEO and CFO positions, having worked with companies including TNT Australia, TNT Italy, Ansett Transport Industries, and ExxonMobil previously.
Bruno Charrade, Transdev Group’s CEO International, made the announcement to employees this morning, thanking outgoing CEO René Lalande for his successful stewardship of the company and welcoming Mr Agati.
We are grateful for the significant contribution René Lalande has made to Transdev, and are delighted to appoint Luke Agati – a proven leader with a track record of accomplishment in growing companies
Mr Agati said he is looking forward to joining Australasia’s leading multi-modal public transport company.
“Transdev is a forward looking company that’s well positioned to capitalise on the opportunities in the market, to grow value for its shareholders, clients and customers,” Mr. Agati said.
Outgoing CEO René Lalande said the time is right to step down from the position he has held since late 2016.
“It has been my great privilege to lead our team of 5,800 Journey Makers in Australia and New Zealand, who genuinely make the cities in which we operate better places to live and work,” Mr Lalande said.
Luke Agati will join Transdev Australasia in mid-February, allowing a period of transition.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.