Transport for NSW spokesperson said “As with the other existing On Demand pilots we are constantly re-evaluating and working to implement new delivery models as the pilots progress as well as offering changes and enhancements to the models.”
“The On Demand Transport Pilot Program is all about learning and continuous improvement. Transport for NSW has identified an opportunity to maximise the learnings and test an expanded On Demand Transport service in Manly in response to customer feedback.”
Transdev’s General Manager On Demand Transport Yvette Mihelic said: “We are absolutely delighted to be expanding our Manly Ride Plus On Demand zone to include Seaforth, North Balgowlah, Manly Vale, North Curl Curl and parts of Dee Why and Brookvale. Our expanded service zone will offer more Manly residents a fast, easy and direct way to simplify their commute to either the Manly Vale B-line stop, Brookvale B-Line stop or Manly Ferry Wharf.”
As part of our Manly Ride Plus On Demand service expansion, we will introduce an extra vehicle to supplement peak serves in the morning and afternoon. We will also introduce three new hubs at Brookvale TAFE, Stella Maris College and Northern Beaches Secondary College Freshwater Senior Campus.
Ride Plus On Demand Transport Pilot services:
- Can be booked, from one hour to one week ahead of when you need it, via the Ride Plus website www.ride-plus.com.au or via the Ride Plus app
- Operate Monday to Friday between 6am and 10pm, except public holidays
- Cost a flat fee of $3.10, payable in advance by credit card.
Further information on the Manly Ride Plus On Demand Transport Pilot service changes including a map of the expanded service zone from Monday 20 August is available online at www.ride-plus.com.au .
About Transdev in Sydney
- Transdev employs around 5,800 people across Australia and New Zealand, delivering 150 million customer journeys every year
- In Sydney, Transdev successfully operates three bus contracts in the upper north shore, south and south western Sydney suburbs; the iconic Sydney Ferries and; and the current Inner West Light Rail network.
- Internationally, Transdev operates On Demand Transport services in France, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal.
- Locally, Transdev also operates On Demand Transport service Transdev Link in the Sutherland Shire.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.