Transport for NSW spokesperson said: “As with the other existing On Demand pilots we are constantly re-evaluating and working to implement new delivery models as the pilots progress, as well as offering changes and enhancements to the models.”
“The On Demand Transport Pilot Program is all about learning and continuous improvement. Transport for NSW has identified an opportunity to maximise the learnings and test a different On Demand Transport service in the Eastern Suburbs, targeted at connecting people to and from Rose Bay Ferry Wharf from Bondi, North Bondi and Dover Heights.”
“This means from 6am Monday 20 August a new BRIDJ On Demand Transport Pilot service will commence operations and all bookings will go via the BRIDJ app.”
Transdev’s General Manager On Demand Transport Yvette Mihelic said: “The changes mean at 10pm Friday 17 August, Ride Plus Services will cease operation the Eastern Suburbs. This decision has been based on Transport for NSW’s ongoing review and evaluation of On Demand Transport pilots across Sydney. Transport for NSW is seeking to try a different service model in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs. This program is all about learning.”
“Transdev and Ride Plus are proud we were the inaugural operator piloting On Demand Transport Pilot services in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. We will work collaboratively with Transport for NSW to ensure a smooth transition for our Eastern Suburbs customers to the new BRIDJ On Demand Pilot service. We want to take this opportunity to thank our customers for riding with us, key stakeholders for working with us and importantly our team who have very much shared this journey with us in evolving future transport services available for Eastern Suburbs residents.”
Further information on the Ride Plus On Demand Transport Pilot service changes in Eastern Suburbs is available at www.ride-plus.com.au .
About Transdev in Sydney
- Transdev employs around 5,800 people across Australia and New Zealand, delivering 150 million customer journeys every year
- In Sydney, Transdev successfully operates three bus contracts in the upper north shore, south and south western Sydney suburbs; the iconic Sydney Ferries and; and the current Inner West Light Rail network.
- Internationally, Transdev operates On Demand Transport services in France, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal
- Locally, Transdev also operates On Demand Transport service Transdev Link in the Sutherland Shire.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.