In Sutherland Shire, customers will have access to fully accessible on-demand shuttle services within four neighbourhood zones making it easier to get from A to B.
Transdev CEO René Lalande said the new on-demand services would bring greater convenience to customers, provide a superior service and support the state government’s vision to innovate the transport network.
We are excited to be working in partnership with Transport for New South Wales on two pilots in Sydney to demonstrate our international experience delivering on-demand solutions, embracing technology and offering customers a great journey,
Transdev will use its smart routing software and technology, proven in United States and The Netherlands, to optimise travel times and routes for the on-demand pilots.
Transdev currently operates buses, ferries and light rail in Sydney and employs around 5,800 people across Australia and New Zealand.
Internationally, Transdev operates successful transport-ondemand services in France, the Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden and Portugal.
“At Transdev we see the future of transport as P.A.C.E. – Personalised, Autonomous, Connected and Electric – we expect on-demand transport services to develop and integrate within existing public transport networks,
“The combination of on-demand transport, with traditional bus, rail and ferry services can deliver better customer service outcomes and accessibility, reduce congestion and offer value for money for Government.”
If the pilots prove successful, Transdev will seek to work with the state government to replicate the services in other parts of Sydney
Transdev’s on-demand pilots explained:
‘RIDE Plus’ first-mile/last-mile pilot to make commuting in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and Manly a breeze
- RIDE Plus will offer customers a premium ‘door-to-hub/hub to door’ transport service to get to and from the F1 Manly ferry and F7 Rose Bay ferry services, as well as to and from train and bus interchanges at Bondi Junction and Edgecliff in the city’s east.
- RIDE Plus will be available Monday to Friday 6am to 10pm, and will be bookable online and via a smart phone app. Trips will cost a flat fare of $3.10, payable by credit card online. Premium vehicles will seat a maximum of 11 customers and feature free WiFi, USB points for charging your phone, quality seating, electric-sliding doors and privacy glass.
- “RIDE Plus combined with traditional public transport journeys provides an appealing alternative to driving your car, and we expect it will encourage significantly more people to feel the breeze on Sydney’s beautiful ferries, catch the train or take the bus,” Mr Lalande said.
‘Transdev Link’ to make it easier for Sutherland Shire residents to get around their neighbourhood
Getting around in Sutherland Shire’s Jannali West, Sylvania, Gymea and Caringbah neighbourhoods is about to get a whole lot easier with the launch late this year of Transdev Link, a new on-demand ride service operated in partnership with Transport for New South Wales.
- Transdev Link will offer customers a flexible door-to-door service to get to and from major activity hubs such as bus and train stations, medical and business precincts, and shopping centres.
- The service will available Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm, with trips bookable via a phone app, online or over the phone.
- Trips will cost a flat fee of $2.60 for adults, and $1.30 for concession card holders, payable by credit card online or cash to the driver.
- Premium vehicles will seat a maximum of 11 customers and feature free WiFi, USB points for charging your phone, quality seating, electric-sliding doors and privacy glass.
With Transdev Link customers can put their bus timetables away, and enjoy a personalised shuttle service when and where they need it in their local area
“The new on-demand services will make it easier for all customers to get from A to B – providing a safe, reliable and flexible transport option to get to your local train station, medical centre or shopping precinct,” Mr Lalande said.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.