Transdev has operated Sydney Ferries as well as Balmain Shipyard since 2012, through its subsidiary Harbour City Ferries and achieved record on time running and customer satisfaction results during that time.
Transdev Australasia’s CEO Luke Agati said: “We are proud and indeed delighted to have been chosen to continue to operate Sydney’s ferry services, and we are looking forward to delivering many improvements during the life of the new contract.
“We appreciate that the delivery of the new Sydney Ferries contract is important, not only to us and our team of 583 employees but to the 15.3 million customers who have been choosing to travel with us each year,” he said.
The new contract will deliver a range of new benefits to customers including more frequent services, new vessels and a trial of new On Demand services in the Bays Precinct later this year.
Managing Director of Transdev Sydney Ferries (formerly Harbour City Ferries) Martin Kearney said: “Reflecting on what is important to our customers has given us real insight into how we can better meet their needs, and ultimately grow Sydney Ferries patronage in the years ahead.
We know our customers and our community have high expectations. We are grateful for the opportunity to continue our journey with them, delivering ferry services fit for today and tomorrow.
The new Sydney Ferries contract further strengthens Transdev’s ties to the Sydney community, with the company also operating bus and light rail networks, as well as On Demand Transport pilots in Sutherland Shire and Manly.
To coincide with the new contract, Harbour City Ferries will be rebranded as Transdev Sydney Ferries. The new name reflects the heritage of Sydney Ferries, as well as the operation’s connection to the global Transdev brand.
Transdev employs more than 5,800 people across Australia and New Zealand, operating ferry, bus, train, light rail, autonomous shuttle, and on demand services across eight cities.
Around the world, Transdev is proud to move 11 million people every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
About Transdev Australasia
- As an operator and global integrator of mobility, Transdev gives people the freedom to move wherever and however they choose.
- Transdev is proud to move 11 million people around the world every day thanks to efficient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly transportation services that connect people and communities.
- Locally, Transdev is the largest provider of multi-modal public transport, operating services across Australia and New Zealand since 1998.
- Our team of 5,800 employees move 150 million people a year across our seven modes – heavy rail, light rail, bus, coach, ferry, on demand and soon autonomous shuttles – in Armidale, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland and Wellington.
- Our approach is rooted in long-term partnerships with businesses and public authorities, and in the relentless pursuit of the safest and most innovative mobility solutions.
- At Transdev, we are Journey Makers. We believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day-today work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
- As Journey Makers, our role is to exceed the expectations of the communities we serve and to contribute to liveability and the sustainable development of our cities.
- We are a team of people serving people, and mobility is what we do.