We encourage all our teams and customers to follow official health advice and key prevention measures such as washing or sanitising hands frequently, staying at home if unwell and to seek medical advice if you do show flu-like symptoms.
Some of the steps we are taking now include:
- To ensure customer safety we are working collaboratively with the various transit authorities to minimise risk of transmission across our networks for bus, light rail, train and ferry services. These activities may vary depending on the respective region’s health advice and directives in Australia or New Zealand
- Our teams have in place preventative measures such as increased cleaning regimes, changing customer protocols to minimise close contact and ensuring the availability of sanitisers and other PPE across all of our businesses
- Service frequencies and operational changes will continue to be reviewed in line with government and transit authority advice.
- We note the Australian Federal Government ban on non-essential gatherings of 500 or more persons from Monday 16 March does not apply to public transport. However, we continue to monitor this issue and will fully comply with the advice and guidance provided by the relevant government authorities in Australia and New Zealand
- Most office-based teams in Australia will start working from home in order to minimise potential of contracting or spreading the virus.
- Our frontline teams who have more interaction with customers have been provided with additional support such as extra availability of PPE, sanitisers and customer contact protocols
- There are regular updates and FAQs answered via employee mobile apps
- Special Leave policies have been reviewed to ensure that employees have access to leave if they are required to be quarantined
- We have suspended all domestic and international business travel and are providing remote or video-based communication alternatives where possible. Travel and government advice from health authorities will continue to be monitored.
We encourage all our teams to observe official health advice from government authorities for the latest advice: