We’re looking for engaging, customer-focused people to join our team of drivers in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
- Looking for a customer service role with a twist?
- Got a standard car license?
- Hit the road with your skills by becoming a Bus Driver!
Across Sydney, we operate an extensive bus network under the brands Transdev Queensland and Transdev John Holland Buses, which covers Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and CBD.
Watch the videos below to meet other drivers or read on to learn about the training provided and career pathways available.
Before you apply
- Do you have a car license? You must have one to be eligible.
- Do you have Australian working rights? We accept Visa holders including Student Visas.
- Do you want to serve your local community? Being a people person is a must!
We accept candidates with a car licence only in Sydney and Perth. Our trainee bus driver program will assist you to gain the relevant license to drive a bus. Our extended program is designed to get you confident and competent behind the wheel with no previous bus driving experience. You are paid from Day 1 of the program.
In Queensland, we welcome applications from people who hold an MR License or above.
The training is a mixture of classroom-based training and on the road practical training. You can expect to work closely with a trainer to develop your skill and expertise driving a bus! During the induction program you will also learn a lot about Transdev and Transdev John Holland’s customer centric processes. Last but not least, there will be a huge focus on safety as this is at the core of everything we do.
Once you complete your induction don’t expect your training to stop! Bus Drivers receive training at regular intervals to ensure your skills stay up to date!
Great question! Everyone asks this so we made this informative video featuring one of our Melbourne bus drivers, Jade, to show you what a day in the life of a bus driver entails.
Each Transdev business comes with its own set of benefits, however here are a few things you might expect working for Transdev:
· Top industry rates & allowances
· Great earning potential with a lot of opportunity to work overtime
· Fantastic Health & Wellbeing programs
· Supportive managers and an inclusive environment
· Growth and career opportunities
· Annual bonuses, leave entitlements and ability to purchase leave
· Excellent Parental Leave program
Transdev have a range of opportunities available. Bus Drivers can go on to work in our Operations team managing groups of Drivers themselves or helping coordinate our buses in the Operations Control Centre. Bus Driving is just the start really we have a range of roles available supporting our business everything from safety to human resources! Meet Misho from our Sydney bus team – in this video he shares his journey as a casual bus driver – he didn’t expect years later he would be leading a team on one of our busiest transport networks.
Our application process is mostly online and includes an initial driving skills assessment. See graphic below for a timeline of our application process for bus drivers, which typically takes 4 weeks.